Dr Luke denies he is being ditched by Sony over Kesha case
Dr Luke has responded to reports that Sony Music is planning to terminate his contract, following growing pressure on the record company over the accusation that he drugged and sexually assaulted the singer Kesha.http://toplivenews.net/
Dr Luke’s lawyer, Christine Lepera, told the Los Angeles Times: “This is not true. Luke has an excellent relationship with Sony. His representatives are in regular contact with executives at the highest levels at Sony and this has never come up.”he Wrap reported on Wednesday that “knowledgeable sources” said Sony was going to end its relationship with the hitmaking songwriter and producer. Dr Luke’s Kemosabe Records imprint – to which Kesha is signed and has been trying to leave – is part of the Sony empire. The New York state supreme court last month denied Kesha permission to end her contract with Kemosabe, causing scores of artists, including Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Adele to offer their public support to the artist.
“There is no contest. Kesha has no case in regards to her contract but they can’t afford the Adeles of the world out in the streets calling the label unsupportive,” a source “familiar with upper management’s thinking” told the Wrap. “The fact that this hasn’t already been taken care of with Luke is confusing, especially for people in the building.”
Sony is unable to accede of its own accord to Kesha’s request to be freed from her contract. Her contract is with Kemosabe itself, which in turn has separate deals with Sony.
Kesha’s supporters are planning another #FreeKesha rally outside Sony’s New York headquarters on Friday. They plan to deliver four petitions with 411,000 signatures urging her release from the contract. “It is time for Sony to step up and show that they don’t value money over the safety and wellbeing of a woman and artist,” said the event’s Facebook page. “They have the power to #FreeKesha by not renewing their contract with Dr Luke and cutting ties with Kemosabe.”