Monday 4 January 2016

Gary Kubiak not ready to name starting QB for playoff opener

Gary Kubiak not ready to name starting QB for playoff opener


ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The morning after the Denver Broncos earned the AFC's top seed in the postseason, coach Gary Kubiak said Monday he's not ready to name a starting quarterback for the team's playoff game in two weeks and that either Peyton Manning or Brock Osweiler can get the team where it wants to go.

Manning, who had not played since Nov. 15, entered Sunday's 27-20 winover the San Diego Chargers with just over eight minutes remaining in the third quarter. The Broncos scored on four possessions when Manning was in the game to rally from a 13-7 deficit to the victory that earned the Broncos home-field advantage in the playoffs.
"I won't say anything,'' Kubiak said. "I'm very proud of our football team. We've got a few days off here, I've got a lot of things I need to do as a coach right now, I'm still up there trying to evaluate a lot of things. I've got nothing for you [Monday], so we'll just get ready to go and we'll go back to work Thursday.''

No comments:

Post a Comment